A common byproduct that comes from cooking in the kitchen is grease. When it goes down the drain in your kitchen sink, however, it can create difficult clogs overtime. Today, we at The Original $49.95 Plumber would like to take the opportunity to share tips to help you prevent this grease buildup in the kitchen sink.
How Do You Keep Pipes Free of Grease?
1) Avoid flushing fatty, greasy, or oily foods down the sink. Starting a grease clog comes from allowing greasy, oily, or fatty food substances to travel down the drain. Remove excess grease and food scraps from cookware and dishes before washing. Use a grease-dissolving cleaner to treat cookware and dishware and soak them in hot water.
2) Periodically flush soap & hot water to cut the grease. Due to the nature of the kitchen sink, no matter how careful you wash up, some oily, fatty, and greasy substances will get it the drains. To help avoid grease clogs, intermittently run lots of hot water and grease cutting soap down the drain. Use this tactic often to breakdown any accumulating grease.
3) Hot water and vinegar cleaning every so often. You have natural options if you prefer to avoid chemicals found in soaps and cleaners. Experts recommend a 1:1 ratio of hot water and vinegar to effectively fight grease buildup in kitchen sinks. The boiling water down the drain helps melt the clog while the vinegar eats away at debris attached to the wall of the pipe. To clear any remaining grease, send more boiling water down the drain about 5 minutes later.
Benefits of Hydro Jetting Cleaning
Invest in hydro-jetting services from a professional to clean the pipe system thoroughly to combat any severe clogs or implement routine maintenance annually. A few of the benefits of hydro jetting are found below.
– Thoroughly Clean Pipes. Hydro-jetting offers a comprehensive cleaning to the plumbing system. The system uses 4000 psi on average. This level of pressure and the amount of water is sure to be effective to tackle even the smallest of dust particles. The water runs smoothly and freely since all clogs, obstructions, or buildup is removed.
– Residues are Cleared. Substances such as sand, grease, mud, soap, and food all pass through the plumbing at any given moment. Due to the residual particles building up, blockage and clogs develop. You can clear this residue effectively with hydro-jetting, and the results last.
– Mobility is Improved. Pipes can be unstable, especially in older homes. Since the water hose enters directly into the pipes, you can wash plumbing in the trickiest of places.
– Minimize Bacteria. Due to constant use, your pipes can harbor many strains of bacteria. The bacteria can lead to health issues, odd odors can occur, and general unpleasantness. Hydro-jetting clears out the bacteria along with the other dirt and grime.
– Cost-Effective. Hydro-jetting is a cost-effective alternative to other pipe cleaning methods. Because the pressurized water clears out the plumbing so thoroughly, you do not have to clean it as often. It is also less expensive in order to open the pipes for a wash.
– Long-Lasting Results. Because of the powerful pressure of water through the pipes, it more difficult for debris and grime to buildup. The pipe’s performance is more efficient for a longer time frame, so you do not have to schedule cleaning the pipes as often.
Drain Pipe Cleaning, Unclogging & More in Staten Island, Maspeth, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yonkers, Queens, NYC Boroughs, New York City NY
Call The Original $49.95 Plumber and let our experts assist you in order to keep your kitchen drains clean and remove any blockage.