One of the primary priorities as far as your plumbing is concerned is impacting the sanitation of your home is the sewer. You should hire a professional immediately for repairs when you experience even minor leaks in the sewer line. They should never be overlooked. You are likely going to be faced with toilets and sinks that frequently get clogged, or the landscaping springing unusual leaks in the event you neglect the sewer’s cry for attention. Simply by getting your sewer issues resolved quickly, you can easily avoid catastrophic messes, high repair costs, and/or additional damage. The common warning signs that your sewer is in need of repair is something we at The Original $49.95 Plumber would like to share today.
How Do You Know if You have Sewer Problems?
Below are the most common signs observed though there are quite a few red flags that develop when the sewer is malfunctioning.
1) Multiple lines are clogged at the same time. When the toilets, sinks, and showers are clogging all at once in your home is definitely a major concern. Even when the plunger isn’t enough, this problem can be stressful to endure. When this phenomenon occurs and a professional should be contacted immediately, there is undoubtedly a problem in the sewer line. Even the toughest clogs as the most optimal solution, you will likely need to have a sewer drain cleaning service immediately and eliminate.
2) Toilet water levels are inconsistent. When sewers are having problems, they will protest, creating the water levels in your toilet fluctuate. If the sewers are experiencing a massive sewer line clog, professionals equipped with expertise and necessary equipment can remove the obstruction to ensure the sewer line is operating at full efficiency.
3) Pest influx. The rodents, mice, roaches, and other are attracted to sewers. The nasty little critters are looking for somewhere to go, should there be a problem, such as a line that cracks or breaks, which is often the inside of your home. Noticing an increase in the insects and vermin scampering through your home is an indication that the sewer lines are damaged. You should call in a professional plumber to evaluate the sewer system and make any necessary repairs especially if there is no other explanation.
4) The lawn has pooled wet spots. A most disturbing and unsanitary sign, especially if there is no other explanation. When you first notice this red flag for assistance before it gets out of hand and the repair cost rises, promptly call your plumber.
5) Sewer line is considerably older. Like most things, the sewer line has a projected life expectancy. If your sewer system is over 40 years, an inspection from a plumber is strongly encouraged. Allowing for minimal repairs with a comprehensive inspection service, your plumber can detect any problems that might be developing. In the event the repairs are excessive and the cost for such repairs high, a replacement is most likely the better investment.
6) Abnormal high-water bills. It bleeds water when leaks occur in the sewer line, reflecting on your water bill. Water that consistently leak will show abnormally high utility bills, resulting in the higher cost.
Drain Pipe Cleaning, Unclogging & More in Staten Island, Maspeth, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yonkers, Queens, NYC Boroughs, New York City NY
Call The Original $49.95 Plumber today and let our skilled experts help for any services for your sewer system or other plumbing needs.