Impacting the sanitation of your home the sewer is one of the primary priorities as far as your plumbing is concerned. When you experience even minor leaks in the sewer line, they should never be overlooked, and you should hire a professional immediately for repairs. In the event you neglect the sewer’s cry for attention, you are likely going to be faced with toilets and sinks that frequently get clogged, or the landscaping springing unusual leaks. You can easily avoid catastrophic messes, high repair costs, and/or additional damage simply by getting your sewer issues resolved quickly. Bearing this in mind, we at The Original $49.95 Plumber would like to share common warning signs that your sewer is in need of repair. There are quite a few red flags that develop when the sewer is malfunctioning, however, below are the most common signs observed.
Symptoms of Sewer Problems
1) Clogging in multiple sewer lines at the same time: Definitely a major concern is when the toilets, sinks, and showers are clogging all at once in your home. This problem can be stressful to endure, even when the plunger isn’t enough. There is undoubtedly a problem in the sewer line when this phenomenon occurs and a professional should be contacted immediately. You will likely need to have a sewer drain cleaning service immediately and eliminate even the toughest clogs as the most optimal solution.
2) Inconsistent toilet water levels: Creating the water levels in your toilet fluctuate, when sewers are having problems, they will protest. To ensure the sewer line is operating at full efficiency, professionals equipped with expertise and necessary equipment can remove the obstruction if the sewers are experiencing a massive sewer line clog.
3) Increase in pests: Attracted to sewers are the mice, rodents, roaches, and other pests. Should there be a problem, such as a line that cracks or breaks, the nasty little critters are looking for somewhere to go, which is often the inside of your home. An indication that the sewer lines are damaged is noticing an increase in the insects and vermin scampering through your home. Especially if there is no other explanation, you should call in a professional plumber to evaluate the sewer system and make any necessary repairs.
4) Pooled wet spots in the lawn: When wet spots on your landscape appear without cause it is a most disturbing and unsanitary sign. Promptly call your plumber when you first notice this red flag for assistance before it gets out of hand and the repair cost rises.
5) Sewer line is aged: The sewer line has a projected life expectancy, like most things. An inspection from a plumber is strongly encouraged if your sewer system is over 40 years old. Your plumber can detect any problems that might be developing, allowing for minimal repairs with a comprehensive inspection service. A replacement is most likely the better investment in the event the repairs are excessive and the cost for such repairs high.
6) Unusual high-water bills: Reflecting on your water bill, when leaks occur in the sewer line, it bleeds water. Resulting in the higher cost, water that consistently leak will show abnormally high utility bills.