When the tub starts to fill up around your ankles during a shower, you know you are doomed to clear out the drain sooner rather than later. Preventing adequate water flow often leaves people instantly feeling nauseated and the gut-wrenching hold comes at the thought of having to clear out the drain, knowing there is something gross in the drain. Few look forward to and most rather avoid is cleaning is the drains or freeing them from the clogs. A few tips to prevent bathtub clogs is what we at The Original $49.95 Plumber would like to take the opportunity to share.
Bathtub Hair Catcher Trap & Other Ways to Keep Hair from Clogging Drains
1) Hair catcher trap. The culprit to a clogged bathtub drain is our never-ending shedding hair in most cases. The mesh liner inserts are designed to catch the hair and they fit over your drain to prevent the hair from flowing down the pipe and accumulating that form clogs. Make certain to clean it regularly to achieve maximum results especially when the hair compacts in the liner to achieve best results.
2) Use a bleach treatment. A highly effective method in preventing hair clogs is cleaning the tub with bleach overnight. Simply pour 1 cup of bleach down the drain and let it sit over-night when you use chlorine bleach in its most basic form. Run hot water through the drain until the smell of bleach dissipates in the morning. Only do this treatment once a month.
3) Boiling water method. In some drains, boiling water treatments often have optimal results. You will need to boil a pot of water as faucets do not produce water at boiling temperatures. To avoid injury and more effective results, just be careful as you pour into the drain slowly. The boiling water treatment should be done monthly.
4) Simultaneous flushing the toilets technique. Be sure to have a few helpers for this as this is a great way to prevent clogs is to synchronize simultaneous flush with all the toilets in the home. Including bathroom sinks, kitchen sink, tubs and showers and sync, ensure all drains are closed off, open the valves and allow and flush all the toilets. It is essential all drains and toilets are drained at the exact same time in order for this to work.
5) Don’t pour liquid messes down bathtub. All contributing to clogged drain are foreign objects being in lodged, corrosion, narrow pipes, and additional. Since anything can clog pipes with debris and thick masses, avoid emptying buckets, carpet shampooer wastewater, shampooing the dogs, cleaning out the fish tank.
Drain Pipe Cleaning, Unclogging & More in Staten Island, Maspeth, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yonkers, Queens, NYC Boroughs, New York City NY
Unfortunately, there are many causes of bathtub drain clogs. In addition to the pre-emptive strategies lifted above, The Original $49.95 Plumber is standing by to unclog your clogged drains and get them flowing again. To find effective solutions as well as provide comprehensive drain cleaning services, the professionals of The Original $49.95 Plumber can help you. Call us today to get started eliminating unwanted clogs.