A fairly common household problem is a clogged drain. Until a clear sign shows you so, you may not realize it’s an issue, however. To address the problem early, saving you money and frustration down the line, knowing how to spot the less obvious indicators that your drain might be clogged can help. With this in mind, we at The Original $49.95 Plumber would like to share the common signs your drain may be clogged.
Symptoms of a Clogged Drainage System
1) Delayed Draining. When it comes to a clog, a slow drain is usually the first thing we think of. By a growing layer of grime, slow draining means the pipe has become constricted. This grime is due to hair, soap, and toothpaste, with bathroom sinks and showers. Grease, soap, and food particles affect the kitchen. To solve this problem, it can be tempting to use liquid drain cleaners. It can be harmful to you, the environment, and your plumbing when you act on the temptation to use liquid drain cleaners to solve this problem.
2) Backing Up Water. Another obvious sign is having water backing up in your sink, bathtub, shower, or toilet. Water simply cannot drain out as quickly as it comes in when the pipe is so clogged. Also, finding food particles in your sink after running the dishwasher is another sign that your water is backing up.
3) Toilet is Overflowing. An indication that you have a clog is an overflowing toilet. You shouldn’t flush items, like paper towels, Q-tips, or feminine products, or these clogs are typically the result of using too much toilet paper. The pipe or result in an overflow that can damage the entire bathroom can be harmed with this blockage.
4) Abnormal Odors. Before you see them, you’ll be able to smell the signs of a clog more often than not. Take caution if you’re starting to notice a foul odor coming from the drain. Since it can lead to the unpleasant aroma as the clog goes unattended, it can trap hair, food, and other debris. A backup is more than likely to occur, although water may be flowing initially.
5) Gurgling Sounds. A water flow disruption is an indication of gurgling sounds or other noises. You might not think there’s an immediate need for clogged drain services, water can still flow while experiencing this issue, similar to when you only notice a smell. Gurgling indicates water is not flowing freely, however. Typically caused by a buildup in the drain, the noise comes from the air trapped in the plumbing.
6) Irregularities with the Lawn. With a potential clogged drain, you might not equate your lawn. Though they allow water to leak, which can irrigate your lawn, pipe failures can not only cause clogs, however. It could be a sign of an issue with your outside pipes if you notice sudden green patches or a puddle in your yard that’s not from the rain.
Drain Pipe Cleaning, Unclogging & More in Staten Island, Maspeth, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yonkers, Queens, NYC Boroughs, New York City NY
Being more than just a nuisance, water backing up or slow drains can be a problem. You can be proactive, knowing these can be signs your drain is clogged help. When it comes to gurgling, odd odors, and lawn irregularities, this is especially true. Into a more significant plumbing issue down the line, getting clogged drain repairs early can reduce its potential to develop. Call the professionals of The Original $49.95 Plumber and let us help you!