As far as your plumbing is concerned, impacting the sanitation of your home, the sewer is one of the primary priorities. You should hire a professional immediately for repairs when you experience even minor leaks in the sewer line. They should never be overlooked. You are likely going to be faced with toilets and sinks that frequently get clogged, or the landscaping springing unusual leaks should you neglect the sewer’s cry for attention. Simply by getting your sewer issues resolved quickly, you can easily avoid catastrophic messes, high repair costs, and/or additional damage. There are common warning signs that indicate your sewer is in need of repair that we at The Original $49.95 Plumber would like to share today.
Symptoms of a Broken Sewer Line & Other Problems
1) At the same time, multiple plumbing lines clog. Within the home, it is a major concern when the toilets, sinks, and showers are clogged all at once. Even when the plunger isn’t enough, this problem can be stressful to endure. A professional should be contacted immediately, there is undoubtedly a problem in the sewer line when this phenomenon occurs. As the most optimal solution, you will likely need to have a sewer drain cleaning service immediately and eliminate even the toughest clogs.
2) Water level in toilet bowl drops or is too high. Sewer lines protest when there is a problem, which will cause the water levels in your toilet fluctuate. If the sewers are experiencing a massive sewer line clog, a professional equipped with expertise and necessary equipment can remove the obstruction, which ensures the sewer line is operating at full efficiency.
3) Pest activity increases. Roaches, mice, rodents, and other pests are attracted to sewers. The nasty little critters are looking for somewhere to go, which is often the inside of your home are problems presented from a line that cracks or breaks. Noticing an increase in the insects and vermin scampering through your home, is an indication that the sewer lines are damaged. You should call in a professional plumber to evaluate the sewer system and make any necessary repairs particularly if there is no other explanation.
4) Wet spot in yard that won’t dry. It is a most disturbing and unsanitary sign when wet spots on your landscape appear without cause. Before it gets out of hand and the repair cost rises, promptly call your plumber when you first notice this red flag for assistance.
5) Old sewer lines & pipe materials. Like most things, the sewer line has a projected life expectancy. If your sewer system is over 40 years old, an inspection from a plumber is strongly encouraged. Allowing for minimal repairs with a comprehensive inspection service, your plumber can detect any problems that might be developing. In the event the repairs are excessive and the cost for such repairs high, a replacement is most likely the better investment.
6) Odd high-water bills. When leaks occur in the sewer line, it bleeds water which will reflect on your water bill. Water that consistently leak will show abnormally high utility bills delivering higher costs.
Drain Pipe & Sewer Line Camera Inspections, Cleaning, Unclogging & More in Staten Island, Maspeth, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yonkers, Queens, NYC Boroughs, New York City NY
Call The Original $49.95 Plumber today and let our skilled experts help for any services for your sewer system or other plumbing needs.