You know you are doomed to clear out the drain sooner rather than later when the tub starts to fill up around your ankles during a shower. Knowing there is something gross in the drain, preventing adequate water flow often leaves people instantly feeling nauseated and the gut-wrenching hold comes at the thought of having to clear out the drain. Cleaning the drains or freeing them from the clogs is few look forward to and most rather avoid. With this in mind, we at The Original $49.95 Plumber would like to take the opportunity to share how you can prevent shower and bathtub clogs.
How to Prevent Bathtub & Shower Drain Clogs
1) Bathtub & Shower Drain Hair Catcher. Our never ending shedding hair in most cases, is the culprit to a clogged bathtub drain. To prevent the hair from flowing down the pipe and accumulating a clog, the mesh liner inserts are designed to catch the hair and they fit over your drain. To achieve best results, especially when the hair compacts in the liner, be sure to clean it regularly to achieve maximum results.
2) How Long to Leave Bleach in Bathtub? Cleaning the tub with bleach overnight is a highly effective method in preventing hair clogs. Use chlorine bleach in its most basic form and simply pour 1 cup of bleach down the drain and let it sit over-night. In the morning, run hot water through the drain until the smell of bleach dissipates. Only do this treatment once a month.
3) Pouring Boiling Water Down Drain. Boiling water treatments often have optimal results in some drains. As faucets do not produce water at boiling temperatures, you well need to boil a pot of water. Just be careful as you pour into the drain slowly to avoid injury and more effective results. The boiling water treatment should be done monthly.
4) Simultaneous Flushing Technique. A great way to prevent clogs is to synchronize simultaneous flush with all the toilets in the home; be sure to have a few helpers for this. Simply close off all the drains including; bathroom sinks, kitchen sink, tubs and showers and sync, open the valves and allow and flush all the toilets. In order for this to work, it is essential all drains and toilets are drained at the exact same time.
5) Avoid Causes of Drain Blockage. Foreign objects being in lodged, narrow pipes, corrosion and additional factors all contribute to clogged drains. Older homes are prone to clogs, which requires them to need extra care and attention. Avoid emptying buckets, carpet shampooer waste water, shampooing the dogs, cleaning out the fish tank, as anything can clog pipes with debris and thick masses.
Drain & Sewer Cleaning, Unclogging & More in Staten Island, Maspeth, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yonkers, Queens, NYC Boroughs, New York City NY
Frequent clogs of natural use of your tub or shower can be the underlying reason to other problems that develop. You may need to talk to a specialist from The Original $49.95 Plumber for preemptive strategies when the drain cleaners don’t help. The professionals of The Original $49.95 Plumber can help you find effective solutions as well as provide comprehensive drain cleaning services. Call us today!