When freezing cold water is the only thing spouting from the showerhead when looking forward to taking a nice warm or hot shower, it can be more than frustrating. Not only is the depravity of hot water common, but the hot water not heating to the preferred temperature is another issue. Your hot water supply can be impacted in a number of ways from the problems your hot water heater can potentially have. Finding the problem is often the hard part, repairs are a lot easier. Once you figure out the source, you are also better equipped to call a professional for assistance if the problem is beyond your skills. With that in mind, we at The Original $49.95 Plumber would like to offer common reasons as to why your hot heater is inefficiently operating.
Symptoms of Hot Water Issues
1) Failing water heater heating element. In the event the hot water heater is not producing hot water, or the hot water is simply not hot enough, replacing the heating element on your water heater might be necessary. Professionals can get the heating element replaced quickly and safely although, if you are savvy, the manual should help you through it.
2) Sediment accumulation in bottom of water heater. Ample hot water can be restricted from being produced when the water contaminants buildup and harden in the bottom of your water heater. To help you overcome the sediment buildup in your water heater, with a water softening agent, soften the water, reduce the temperature of the water heater to 130 degrees, and regularly clean your water heater. Removing the buildup, however, can be thwarted if the tank itself is rusty, and ultimately, you will need to replace the unit.
3) Faulty water heater thermostat. Should the water simply be not hot enough, you can adjust the temperature on your water heater thermostat. The thermostat may be faulty, however, which will need to be replaced. Use your manual to replace the thermostat if an adjustment is not permittable. For efficiency, contact a professional to have the thermostat replaced.
4) Water heater pilot light problem. A hot water problem to fix that is the simplest and easiest, is when there is an issue with the pilot light. Inspect your water heater to check on the pilot light. It is likely well hidden, use your manual to locate the pilot light. If you need help, do not hesitate to contact a pro.
5) Leaking gas water heaters. In the event you have a gas hot water heater installed in your home, the is can be due to a leak in the gas line that leads to the appliance. If this is the issue, it is common to notice a rotten egg smell emitting from the water heater. This is actually an indication of a serious problem and it is crucial you call a professional for immediate assistance.
Water Heaters, Plumbing Services & More in Staten Island, Maspeth, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yonkers, Queens, NYC Boroughs, New York City NY
Contact The Original $49.95 Plumber today if you are having problems with your hot water heater and our experts will happily inspect and run diagnostics to find the issue and provide effective solutions to remedy the efficiency of your hot water heater. Call us today so our specialists can help you make the repairs quickly.