To keep the intricate plumbing system in your home running freely, drain cleaning is an essential part of maintenance. Many people don’t give their plumbing much thought unless they are having an issue with it. It is important that you are aware of the need for drain cleaning so that you don’t run into problems with your pipes out of the blue one day. The Original $49.95 Plumber is here to talk about some of the signs that can help you remember it’s been a while since you last cleaned your drains and it’s time.
Signs You Should Clean Your Drains
There are several signs that are usually present if it’s time to have your drains professionally cleaned. Being aware of them can help you stay on top of your drains and plumbing system since no one wants to deal with plumbing problems. Here are the signs you should be looking for.
– Slow Drains: When you have drains that are filled with gunk, you will start to notice that they work much slower than they did in the past. You will likely start to see a pool of water start to accumulate when you are brushing your teeth or taking a shower. This is the most obvious sign that you need those drains cleaned out.
– Drain Smells: You shouldn’t smell anything that resembles the sewer near your faucets and drains. This could mean that you have a crack in your sewer line and gases are leaking up into the drains. When you have a professional drain cleaning and inspection these cracks can be found.
– Backing Up Sinks, Bathtubs & Showers: Your faucets shouldn’t get backed up. These are one way pipes. If they are backing up, you can count on definitely having a clog somewhere. You need the help of a drain cleaning specialist right away as this stuff backing up out of your faucet could be toxic.
– Pests in Drains: Anytime you notice that there are pests living in your drains, it can also be a sign that there is a crack somewhere in your sewer line that they are getting in through. A plumber can help you locate and correct these openings where pests are making their way in from.
– Higher Water Bills: If you have noticed an increase in your water bill each month without any change in your usage, it could be due to the fact that there is a blockage in your pipe or a leak somewhere.
Drain Pipe Cleaning, Unclogging & More in Staten Island, Maspeth, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yonkers, Queens, NYC Boroughs, New York City NY
If you are struggling with a clog in your drain that you are unable to remove on your own, you can call on The Original $49.95 Plumber to help you get your drains cleaned as well as inspected so that you can use your faucets and have free flowing drains again. We will respond quickly to your call and solve your drainage problems as soon as possible. Call us today!