If you have a sink or shower that is draining slowly, it can be beyond frustrating. No one wants to brush their teeth multiple times a day to find a puddle appear in the sink. Not only is it irritating, but it can also create other problems like foul odor, mold growth, stains and sewer issues. Dealing with these issues without dealing with the cause of the slow drain in the first place is futile. The Original $49.95 Plumber is here to talk about what is causing your slow drain in the first place so the problem can be fixed once and for all.
Why Does My Bathroom, Kitchen or Laundry Sink Drain So Slowly?
There are several things that could be causing your slow drains. Before you can work to fix the problem, you need to know what the problem is in the first place. Here are some of the most common causes for slow drains.
– Tree Roots in Plumbing Pipes: As your trees get older and more mature, the roots are naturally going to be drawn to areas where there is more water. They can start to cause slow draining sinks and showers when the roots become a problem. Sometimes, the tree has to be removed to fix the problem.
– Bad P-Trap: There are often clogs that settle down into the p-trap and can be more difficult to remove. If you are pouring grease down into the drain, it can settle there and create problems that need to be dealt with by a plumber.
– Septic Tank Sludge: If there is some sludge building up in your septic tank, it can cause your drains to work slowly. This is a problem that is hard to diagnose on your own.
– Clogged Drainpipes: Each sink and shower in your home has its own drainpipe that connects to the main sewer line. If there is anything that gets stuck along the line anywhere it can cause your drains to be slow.
– Deterioration of Plumbing Parts: If you are dealing with an old plumbing system, it can be deterioration that is causing your drains to be slow. Over time, for a number of reasons, the pipes that make up your plumbing system can start to deteriorate. This is an expensive problem.
– Objects Down Drain: Small objects like toys and jewelry can sometimes to be the cause of slow draining. Sometimes, you can use a hanger to grab these objects and pull them out, other times, you will need to call a professional to help you solve the problem.
Drain Pipe & Sewer Line Camera Inspections, Cleaning, Unclogging & More in Staten Island, Maspeth, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Yonkers, Queens, NYC Boroughs, New York City NY
If you have drains in your home that are slow and causing problems, you need to call on the pros at The Original $49.95 Plumber to help you figure out what’s causing your slow drains so that we can work to get them draining right again. We know how important it is that your drains are working properly. Call us today!